“We are extremely pleased with Acuity, they worked hard to understand our business processes and technically were very impressive; rolling out a new system across two countries is not a simple task.”
Jason Bullen, Financial Controller
Gearhouse Broadcast is a market leader in the provision of outside broadcasting equipment to the television industry. The business can provide a range of services including both sales and rental of their equipment plus the specialist services that are needed to operate it. The head office is based in the UK, with operating offices in Australia, US, Doha and India. The Company offers a vast degree of broadcast experience and a proven track record in the delivery of broadcast solutions at major world sporting events.
- Supporting & Integrating UK, USA & Australian Office
- Substantial improvement of stock/asset management reporting
- Consolidated Group Accounts
- Significant reduction of Asset Management costs
- Improved & efficient reporting across the group
Gearhouse Broadcast were previously using the Sage Line 100 solution for financial management. This operated alongside the InspHire specialist rental system which operated as a standalone application. All sales and inventory-based transactions took place in the rental system which then had to be transferred manually into Sage 100 which was not just time consuming but also gave rise to the possibility of introducing errors.
Gearhouse were aware that the Sage Line 100 product was nearing end-of-life, but regardless of this it has been concluded that a superior and more current solution is required for the improved effective financial management of the company.
Jason Bullen, Financial Controller, explains that the largest cost within the business was related to asset management (project/hire stock) and movement thereof. This was identified as the weakest area of their reporting and was the long term goal and real focus for improvement.
At the initial meeting the options for upgrade from the existing Sage Line 100 system were discussed, and the Sage ERP 300 (Accpac) solution was selected as the preferred solution.
The core requirements were discussed as follows:
- The new system should be based on improved and up-to-date technology, offering fast performance and a reliable and robust platform
- It should be multi-company
- The software should have strong multi-currency capabilities, including versatile currency conversion capabilities
- The solution should be powerful, flexible and customisable, to enable possible future integration with the other operational system
- The General Ledger capabilities should cater for detailed budgeting and analysis requirements, and provide a platform for continued flexibility to grow with the business needs as they evolve
- It should feature improved Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable features to provide rapid entry and payment of invoices, flexible cash disbursement and fully integrated bank reconciliation
- It should enable managers to make confident business decisions based on accurate, detailed, and comprehensive financial information
- It should be adaptable to global accounting operations and be able to be configured for country-specific localization.
Acuity have worked closely with Gearhouse Broadcast, tightly integrating the new installation of Sage ERP 300 to their existing hire management application. The review of a number of different potential suppliers highlighted the strengths of Sage ERP 300 particularly the flexibility, capability, integration abilities and the fact that they could use the same product in Australia.
The implementation began in mid-November 2011 and despite the festive period in the middle, went live on 2nd February 2012. This required extremely tight management due to the implementation being rolled out across two countries on opposites sides of the world.
The resulting system integrates all data process within the business and provides a more versatile and scalable solution than before, ideally positioned to support the future growth of Gearhouse Broadcast.