New Features in Sage 200 Professional 2022 R1 for Desktop
Sales orders and quotations
Sage has worked hard to make improvements to the usability of the desktop app for Sage 200 Professional. In doing so, the following features are now available:
- Users can now add cross-selling items to quotations;
- With the help of Artificial Intelligence within the system, users can add suggested items to quotations;
- Alternative items can also be added to quotations;
- An expiry date can now be added to your quotations, allowing you and the customers to see how long it is valid for at a glance;
- And finally, users can set a quotation status of ‘Lost’ if a customer doesn’t want to proceed.
Changes to VAT submissions
Making Tax Digital will become mandatory for all VAT registered businesses from April 2022, changing the way you run your business.
In order to make life easier, the latest Sage 200 Professional update has taken this into consideration with a number of updates to help you remain MTD compliant. As a result, XML VAT submissions will no longer be accepted and have been deactivated in the system.
So, what do you do if you previously used the XML VAT feature? Sage says: “you can either move over to MTD for VAT, or opt to use the HMRC portal to submit VAT returns manually”.
Learn more about the MTD changes here. Or watch Sage’s Making Tax Digital webinar on-demand here.