Improved General Ledger Outlier Detection (GLOD)
With the R3 update, GLOD scores outliers using AI to call attention to what requires a closer look during the GL approval process. This update provides:
- At-a-glance visuals for outlier type (Coding, Amount, Multiple) and shows why entries are flagged.
- User Tailored Optimisation Configuration provides an insight into what gets flagged (Materiality, Dimensions).
- The AI used in this process means the feature becomes more intuitive the more it is used. This is an integral feature with Sage Intacct, not an add-on, making it available for use out-of-the-box.
Enhanced Bank Feed Matching Rules
This update provides increased flexibility for matching bank transactions to Intacct transactions. Key features include:
- Expanded criteria operators for text and day comparison
- Extended transaction grouping options for flexible grouping based on document numbers and posting periods
- Rule Orders can be applied within a rule set – the user can define rule sets to one bank account or all, or selected accounts. Rules can be amended and adjusted as you go.
Canada Check (Cheque) Printing Enhancements
It is now possible to order pre-printed Canadian check stock. This out-of-the-box feature is particularly useful for multi-national companies. Checks are still popular in Northern America. For more information, speak to one of our experts.
Canadian tax set-up has been added for PST, QST, GST and HST. This now includes:
- Automatic Tax Determination in order entry and purchasing
- Automatic Tax Capture & Calculation based on selected tax rate for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Time & Expenses, General Ledger
- Tax Information Centralisation – centralised flexible reporting across modules, and tax filing outside of Sage Intacct
Updates for UK, Australian and South African set-ups:
- UK – Hospitality reduced tax rate now available also includes changes for Maps, Schedule, ITG and tax detail
- AUS – CTG Row Customer and associated Schedule Maps obsoleted / added new CTG Australian Export Customers with Maps for all ITG to map to G2 Exports
- ZA – Added additional schedule Maps to support additional use cases / added new CTG ‘No VAT Supplier’ and associated Maps and Schedules
Additional tax updates include:
- Automation of transaction updates when Tax ID is changed in the entity
- Improved flexibility for PO/OE transaction definitions for tax reporting
- Enhanced transaction management for PO/OE including ability to manually override tax in OE
- Enhanced control of tax detail filtering – when turned off, removes filtering across the board allowing you to see all tax details in Sales or Purchase side
In order to apply these updates, you will need to opt in manually. To do this, go to ‘Tax Solution Information’ and tick the ‘Install updates’ box under ‘Tax setup updates’.
Deep cross-industry functionality
Enhanced Contracts Billing & Reporting
Sage is making ongoing investment into subscription-based business practices to provide increased flexibility within the Sage Intacct software. Here is a run-down of key feature additions for R3:
- Committed Quantity Consumption Billing – this will streamline businesses based on customers’ consumption of contracted quantities. Find additional options for this within the contract.
- Flexible Invoice Generation – Sage Intacct now provides more options including billable charges by customers’ bill-to contract, customer or project.
- Interactive Custom Report Writer Pre-Built Reports – related to contract data sets, this gives greater insight and it is easy to amend them to make them more relevant to your business and requirements.
- Vendor Remittance Email Notifications – there are two new tick box options in AP configuration; ‘Don’t include payment copy in PDF in payment notification email’ and ‘Include payment details in payment notification email’. These options give you the option to have all payment information within the email body itself rather than as a PDF attachment.
Inventory in Transit Warehouse Transfer
The 2021 R3 update provides users with clearer transfer in and transfer out with a new transfer in type. In order to use this:
- On ‘Transfer out’, remove ‘on hand’ at ‘from warehouse’
- On ‘Transfer in’, move from ‘in transit’ to ‘on hand’ at ‘to warehouse’
Best-in-class cloud platform
With the latest update, Sage Intacct introduces an incredibly customisable dashboard for convenient navigation and access. Any component can be added to the dashboard, with new dashboard types allowing the addition of:
- Billboards – here you can add messages for your team
- Attachments – make it easier to access important documents, e.g. new policies
- Custom navigation – fast access links for greater ease-of-use
Financial report writer enhancements
Driven by customer ideas, this update provides further improvements on user experience. Within this update is:
- A new divider column type – allowing the user to group certain columns together. The update also brings a
- New forecast – full period column type
- Expanded ‘normalised’ column types
Note: new columns use default books (set in GL configuration)
Secure PDF document generation
This new addition to the software allows the user to designate templates as ‘Secure PDF’ within Printed Document Template Information. This means when a PDF is generated, it is locked down.